LEARNING INNOVATION IN THE CUSTOMER-DRIVEN AGE
WHAT IS "LEARNING INNOVATION"
Learning is gradually moving away from L&D and HR functions to the business, although if effectively planned this does not need to be the case.
Learning is now becoming more directly aligned problems or opportunities the business faces.
Top of market companies invest disproportionately more so highly capable employees serve customers better, spot more opportunity and can co-exist better in an agile less structured process environment.
Learning innovation is of critical importance in that it:
- Incorporates new approaches to drive competency by role and increase knowledge retention.
- Continually assesses capability and understanding.
- Creates learner journeys specific to the gaps and the need of the individual stakeholder.
WHAT PROBLEMS DOES HIGH IMPACT LEARNING SOLVE?
Change programmes that requires a change to "a new way of working" e.g. operational change, new IT system or compliance directive.
- The biggest risk you face in planning and implementation is simple – it’s people. There will be staff from different departments across the company faced with applying new processes and procedures.
- People make mistakes because they have either failed to understand new methods or already forgotten aspects important to the job. It’s about making sure your people get "new ways of working" right first time then every time.
Highly effective people need less structure in process which in turn creates a more agile operation.
- Problems that occur in "business as usual situations" are often diagnosed and remediated by a process management route.
- New guidelines and procedures is additional process. Adding new process on top of existing process is a "cancer" to organisations. It makes work more complex. It adds time. It creates extra cost.
- Think about how agile young and small companies are. Why are larger organisations mostly much more inert? Its complexity of process and much of the complexity can be improved if an increased focus was placed on people effectivity.
- Large companies can be agile and the ones that are tend to be at the top of their market.
PROFILERLIVE AND THE "LEARNING BOOSTER PROCESS"
ProfilerLive is an Assessment & Competency Specific and Role Based Learning Platform.
This needs explanation:
- Assessment of understanding and capability is at the heart of the system. The traditional "sheep dip" one size fits everybody approach does not work. People learn and retain capability at different rates. Some aspects of learning are absorbed immediately, some is never understood and retention varies considerably by person and topic. In other words an assessment engine needs to be at the heart of every learning system so gaps are identified on an ongoing basis.
- Learning is broken down into specific competencies. Learning can be then aligned to how the competency is best understood or the preferred learning style of the stakeholder
- As stakeholders go through a development cycle around a new way of working, problem or opportunity, he/she can go through a learner journey specific to role requirement, competency mix required, preferred learning style and gaps identified during process. This create a bespoke journey not only in content but also in timing creating flexibility to the benefit of stakeholder and company alike.
The assessment and specific learner journeys created speed up the development process and create a level of retention that is now at the top of the industry.
ProfilerLive goes much further than providing great content. It creates a learning and “learning booster” journey which delivers the most effective levels of knowledge retention on the market.
EXPLAINING HOW PROFILERLIVE WORKS
ProfilerLive adopts a high-impact and low-risk method of transitioning to new learning requirements:
- Knowledge requirement is structured by role, competency and learning style.
- Questions are developed according to role and competency required to test understanding, capability and retention. There are a wide variety of question styles that can be adapted to the specifics of the situation
- The ProfilerLive Capability Development platforms uses the critical "knowledge booster" component:
- At any time during or after a learner journey the employee can be tested for their understanding, knowledge and ability to apply to new ways of working. The assessment methods are extremely comprehensive and specifically designed to define the knowledge and capability gaps.
- The gaps create a next stage learner journey based entirely on the competency issues identified. These learning journeys can be carried out at a time that most suits employee and company
- The learning journey can be created to allow preferred learner styles and can include video, podcast, documentation, animated pictures and gamification - and completely specific to the companies own situation and needsFormal assessments results and gaps can be channelled back to the employees appropriate manager or coach. Profilerlive contains a sophisticated analytics engine which can evaluate capability benchmarks from company to division to department to person. It can evaluate any specific competency area. In short this can be used to solve tactical operational problems or to take advantage of new business opportunities.
- Every Profilerlive implementation is content and assessment adjusted to meet the specific capability and role requirements for the company and motivate the employee to upskill proactively in a way that suits everybody.