- Do ALL of your executives think like customers, even those in non-customer facing functions?
- Do your executives know how to think like customers?
- Do your executives know how to think beyond customer to identify opportunity?
- Do your executives coach their staff to think like customers?
- Do your executives know how to align customer ideas back into their organisation?
Get a senior stakeholder’s support to do this exercise as you may get natural resistance. Try and get a wide a company representation as possible. Get the teams to score on a 1 – 10 scale. Do this exercise positively and sensitively – this is not intended to be a stick to criticise senior stakeholder. If a company is serious at becoming customer experience obsessed this is a great tool to accelerate momentum.
If the senior stakeholders are not thinking like customers as input when making any change decision then there is missed opportunity.
Anything less than a 9 or 10 means there is missing revenue, cost and service opportunity.
Give it a go! The results may surprise you.